Best Scroll Saw 2019 to Cut Intricate Curves & Joints
A scroll saw is a tool that is used to cut intricate curves with precise cuts. They are extremely accurate and the end result is so fine. It is originally used for scrollwork. If you are looking for making precise cuts, you will have more control using a scroll saw rather than a jigsaw. You have come to the right place if you are looking for the best scroll saw.
A scroll saw is almost similar to a band saw. It has reciprocating blades so that you can easily remove it to make cut-outs. There are a lot of different matters to find the best scroll saws. This article is meant to help you to pick the right one. We will give you an honest review which will help you choose the best one. This is for any person who is looking for making details and precise cuts.
After reading our reviews and buying the guide, you will able to figure out which is the best scroll saws as per your needs. Now we are going to discuss three of the best scroll saws. Let’s get started.
These are the 3 best scroll saws:
|WEN 3920 16-Inch Scroll Saw||4.0/5|
|DEWALT DW788 Scroll Saw||4.3/5|
|Shop Fox W1713 16-Inch||3.8/5|
|WEN 3920 16-Inch Two-Direction Variable Speed Scroll Saw|
|DEWALT DW788 1.3 Amp 20-Inch Variable-Speed Scroll Saw|
|Shop Fox W1713 16-Inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw|
With the WEN 16-Inch Variable Speed Two-Direction Scroll Saw, you can make artful and intricate cuts. The 9 by16-inch stroke saws through tough woods up to two inches thick. The cast iron base stops vibration and walking during cuts. The variable air pump clears sawdust from your work area. And it is to give you a clear vision when you cut. WEN scroll saw comes with two years official warranty and a friendly customer helpline to make sure you think of WEN. It is one the best scroll saw you will find in the market.
- Labeling table with a 16-inch depth
- Pinned and pinless blades
- Well-made cast Iron Base
- Adjustable Speed
- Adjustable Air Pump
- Flexible Led Work light
- Onboard Blade Storage
- Hold Down Clamp
- 2 Years Warranty
- Cuts well and consistently
- Low price
- Relatively quiet operation
- The quick release lever on the back
- Air tube blows away sawdust
- Solid and stable
- Speed knob too handy
- The LED light is helpful
- Pinned blades fast and easy to replace
- Blade holders made of pot metal
- Location of the bottom blade holder is difficult to reach.
- No switch to leave the LED turned on and off.
- Difficult to insert pin less blades
Question: Do you need a stand to use it on a table top?
Answer: Yes, you can use it on a table top. But you have to bolt or clamp it down as it is very bouncy.
Question: How to solve the Wen scroll saw making a loud cracking noise while cutting anything?
Answer: Make sure your blade is tight enough to rattle. Maybe this will solve your problem.
Question: Does the Wen scroll saw come with 110 Volt Power?
Answer: Yes. It comes with 110 Volt Power.
Question: How much vibration will you get in this Wen scroll saw?
Answer: As long as you are not trying to cut too fast or using the hold down clamp, you should not face any problem regarding vibration.
Question: How do you install the pinless blade?
Answer: You will find the Allen head screw at both the top and bottom where the blade goes. Then simply you have to lose it and put the blade it. Then you have to tighten Allen’s head.
The DEWALT DW788 variable-speed scroll saw works very silent and very easily for accuracy. It is one of the best scrolls saw in the market. The tool-free blade clamp allows for fast and simple blade changes. Convenient position on the liftable arm of the dust blower, control switch, and saw alterations on the front of the upper arm for simple adjustments. It is oversized. The cast-iron table gives magnificent material. Also, it has the ability to bevel from both the left and the right.
- Double parallel-link arm design reduces vibration and noise for very accurate cuts
- Exclusive tool-free blade clamps allow blade changes in a very short time.
- The depth of Cut: 2 inch
- The on-off control switch (electronic variable speed, flexible dust blower, and blade-tensioning lever all located on front upper arm)
- The arm design axes from the back of the saw to the front,
- Shortening the arm movement for quieter operation
- Arm lifts so blade that it can be easily threaded through the material for inside cuts
- 90 days money back Guarantee
- 3 years of Warranty
- Easy to Handle with Variable-Speed Control
- Can save your time with tool-free blade changes and adjustable table
- Price is affordable
- Vibration seems great while speeding.
- Relatively quiet operation
- Very solid and stable
- Extremely Handy
- Easy to clean up
- 100% dust free nearly
- Work flawlessly
- The blade is rubbing on the side of the blade hole in the table
- The bevel lock knob on the saw is not strong.
- The blade is tilted
- The lower guard is bent
Question: Does the Dewalt scroll saw come with the stand or not?
Answer: No. You may need to order it separately. I have ordered mine also.
Question: How much thickness of a wood piece can
the Dewalt scroll saw cut with ease?
Answer: You can cut a wood piece thicker than 1.5 inches. You can cut complete set or compound chess pieces without difficulty.
Question: Can you use round blades with the Dewalt scroll saw?
Answer: To cut in any direction, the blade ends that go in the mounting screws will fit. It will be more difficult to use than standard blades.
Question: What blade comes with the Dewalt scroll saw?
Answer: The scroll saw comes with 13 teeth per inch standard scroll saw blade.
Question: Does this Dewalt scroll saw support pin blades?
Answer: No. This will take a pin and pinless blades.
The Shop Fox W11713 16-Inch comes with variable speed control, extra cutting capacity. And cast iron construction is the specs most required after in a Scroll Saw. The Shop Fox Scroll Saw also offers a gooseneck work light, dust blower and dust port, large 45-degree tilting table and simply easy blade changes. This is also one of the best scroll saw in the market.
- 1/8HP, 1.2-Amps, 110-Volt, 60Hz motor
- 16-Inch maximum cutting width
- Contains a gooseneck work light, dust blower, and dust port
- Plain or pin blades
- No load speed: 550-1700 SPM
- Gooseneck Work Lamp
- Compatible with plain and Pin-end blade
- Solidly Built: The W1713 is made of cast iron, which means it will handle the work without structural failures.
- The heavy-duty construction is also an addition for limiting heavy shaking. So if you are trying to cut wood, it can lead to disaster
- Motor and Changeable Blades: With its 1⁄8 HP, 120V, 60 Hz motor and capacity to change out different kinds of blades means you can cut many types of woods and various things. Having the elasticity to modify the speed, feed rate, and tooth count means you can handle stuff like hardwood, soft metals, oak, and pinewood, all with precision and accuracy
- Great Pricing
- Steel Cutting: One thing to be conscious with the scroll saw is that they are for home projects and do have some boundaries.
- If you’re trying to cut through heavy steel pieces or heavy gauge piping, you may require a larger style band saw for that kind of development.
Question: Does the machine support round or twist blades?
Answer: Yes. This supports round or twisted blades.
Question: Where is the machine manufacturer location?
Answer: China/Taiwan is the manufacturer of the scroll saw.
Question: Does it include a dust catcher bag?
Answer: No, not in this one. But there is a place for vacuum attachment.
Question: What is the length of the blade for the scroll saw machine?
Answer: You may use
Question: How many amperes is supported by the saw machine?
Answer: The machine supports 120vac x 1.2Amp + 144Watt.
Hopefully, the article helped you to decide what we believe to be the best scroll saws. Also, I hope that you have gotten some tips and tricks. This, it will help you choose in terms of performance, cutting ability and power.
The best scroll saw on the market is DEWALT DW778 in our opinion. As it is user-friendly and you will have excellent precise cuts on your projects. Also, it comes with an adjustable dust bowler so that you can keep your workspace clean.
The saw at the reasonable price was the Wen 3920. The lower price makes it the best scroll saw perfectly for the budget customer. No matter what are you looking for in the saw, you will not be disappointed with this one.
We hope you enjoyed a lot through the guideline and reviews. Thank you for being with us. Reach our other saw reviews also.
We hope that you have enjoyed a lot through the guideline and reviews and you should be ready to go. Reach out our best tile saw, reciprocal saw, table saw, band saw and other saws reviews also. Thank you for being with us.