Are you new to woodworking and have no idea what a Push block is? Then let me tell you that it’s basically a refined multi-functioning push stick that comes with a push pad grip to offer safe, precise and clean cut. And if you want the same result, then you can consider having a GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock. This model has a lot of interesting features that are required to be highlighted. So let’s begin!
|GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock||4.5/5|
The grip pad on the bottom of the inserts and tool have been made up of green-grip which is a proprietary nonslip material. It helps deliver greater gripping power over materials such as cherry, oak, ebony, walnut, maple, pine, ebony, poplar, aluminum and plastics. Plus, there are treaded grooves that further help in providing added traction on the work piece even if there is any sawdust.
However, the only problem here is that the grip pad happens to get dusty easily and eventually it can lose its power little quickly. But you can fix that by cleaning with rubbing alcohol.
Saw blade tunnel and center leg:
This feature lets the table saw blade move across easily while keeping your hands protected during the entire cutting process. You will just need to make sure that it is set for the material to get ripped, or else the saw might cut through the gripper.
As for the center leg, it is adjustable. And you can expect it to slide effortlessly so that it can accommodate a broader range of sawing dimensions while keeping a great hold at the off-cut materials.
Three legs with three directions of force:
This pushblock features three directions of force so it can deliver extreme control, accuracy as well as safety.
- Firstly, the downward pressure that eliminates the kickback virtually for keeping the work piece down on the tabletop.
- Secondly, the inward pressure that helps in keeping the work piece against the fence firmly so that it can avert wood burnt.
- Finally, the forward pressure that helps in advancing the cut and controlling both sides of the work piece to deliver a much clean cut.
The Stabilizing Plate helps stabilize your cut so that the pushblock can square your cut while handling the smallest pieces of wood safely at the time of cutting on the table saw. You can expect the cut to be as precise as ¼-inch without the need of readjusting the fence. Moreover, it will also keep the wood locked against the fence to deliver a smoother cut.
However, some users have stated that the pushblock is not ideal to be used with standard blade guard. Plus, some have also said it will require adjustment every time while changing the wood size.
- Delivers smooth, clean and safe cut.
- The green-grip offers gripping power and traction.
- Adjustable center leg for accommodating broader range of cutting dimensions.
- Three directions of force offer extreme control, accuracy plus safety.
- Offers commanding hold over stocks for great control.
- The green-grip gets dusty quickly for the sawdust, hence it will require frequent cleaning.
- Might not be compatible with standard blade guard.
- Requires readjustment every time the wood size is changed.
With this GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock, you can have a gear that has been designed just to channel wood safely on a table saw so that it can deliver a precise cut. The product does not only offer accuracy but also offer smoothness and clarity when it comes to cutting process. Besides giving a clean cut, it also provides commanding hold over stocks for extra control. So, grabbing this for your work won’t be a bad idea!